26 November 2010

Tom Turkey

Over the past years, I have been involved in the preparations for Thanksgiving dinner to various degrees. The general tendency of the variation of these degrees is an approach to greater involvement. This year's dinner was a bit of a culmination of my culinary experiences.

I spent thirty minutes wrestling with the turkey.

First, I removed the various parts that are, for some odd reason, stored in the various cavities of the bird.

Second, I washed it thoroughly. After getting the large things back on the counter, I patted it dry.

Third, I salted the inside.

Fourth, I stuffed it. I spent a very long time with my hands up a turkey. There's something satisfying and rather fun about it, if you don't take any time to think about exactly what you're doing.

Fifth, I plopped it in the pan.

Sixth, I oiled it.

Seventh, I slid it into the oven.

Ta Da! Several hours later, I had a golden brown, moist, and tender turkey. I am very, very proud of myself. :)

No comments: