24 July 2010

I'm crazy

I'm pretty sure I'm crazy. When I reread last night's post, it just proclaims "insanity" to me.

I'm looking forward to this evening. We're having an old friend (not that he's old, but that he has been our friend for a long time) over for dinner and then we're going to go see "Inception" together. There will be lots of laughter and joking and general frivolity. In anticipation, I baked something called "candy cakes." They're kind of like reese's peanut butter cups, only they have cake in them, too. You make little cakes and then put peanut butter and chocolate over them. In the picture, they are these cute little cakes that are very neat and tidy looking. Mine, by contrast, sort of look like they were made by a three year old. The taste tester gave them a high rating, however (that's what little brothers are for). So, once again, my cooking will taste better than it looks. :)

But this cooking project further proves my insanity. I should really learn not to bake things that involve standing over a hot stove in the middle of summer. I am now very toasty warm.

No comments: