18 July 2010

Me

I haven't posted in quite a while, but things have been pretty busy! Some highlights:

- We cooked a massive dinner for the Eudist priests and pre-seminarians at their house in La Mesa. It was a crazily ambitious meal, but we put it on the table at precisely the right time.

= We cooked dinner for some good friends and then made a delicious chocolate cake afterward. We added mint to the frosting, which was given mixed reviews. It was more or less pleasant, unless it hit the back of your throat. That resulted in that burning sensation that occasionally arises from toothpaste.

- I mailed a batch of cookies to "my freshman boys"... one half to MI and the other to OR. That made them happy :)

- I started my Shakespeare class with Mr. Lehman. After the first day of class, he told me that he really appreciated my presence in the class and he thanked me for my perspective and experience. I was very pleased with myself ;)

- I got sunburned while eating lunch and swimming with friends after class yesterday

- I got sunburned while at the choir party this afternoon

- I encountered a very not-subtle young man at the Greek cafe. As I was walking out, he "up and down"ed me, and then grinned. I don't think I've ever been checked out that overtly before. I'm not offended or flattered, really... mostly amused. :)

No comments: