03 January 2011

Discombobulated

I woke up with a pounding headache this morning. After pep talking myself out of bed and down the stairs, I begin perusing the cabinet for pain killers. I find some, remove the bottle from the cabinet and try to unscrew the cap. Several seconds passed without success, I reassessed my approach. Muttering "righty tighty, lefty loosy," I tried again, turning the cap the correct direction this time. Laughing at my stupidity, I walked over to the sink, grabbing my cup along the way. Cup in one hand, pills in the other, I turned on the faucet. I then proceeded to fill the hand with the pills with water and try swallowing the cup. Whoa.

As a remedy for this mental absence, I thought breakfast was in order. I began cooking the eggs and it was going just fine. Until, for some unbeknown reason, I went and sat down and completely forgot about the fact that I had left the stove on with eggs cooking. After about a minute, I remembered. Up I sprang with a small squeal, scurried back to the kitchen, and found my eggs quite contentedly cooking. No harm done.

But today is definitely not a day to operate heavy machinery. Or wield large knives. Or do anything remotely, possibly, or approaching dangerous.

No comments: