18 November 2012

The Road to Christmas is Paved With Thanksgiving Intentions

I was a prisoner in my own home this week. I couldn't go in to work since they sprayed our office with some chemical that gave me a horrible, miserable asthma attack. I felt rather ill for the first couple of days, but I began to perk up a bit by the latter half. I dragged asked my gracious mother to bring me to her personal purgatory the craft store to get Thanksgiving decorations.

I was thwarted in my endeavors, however. Thanksgiving seems to be over in the world. Everything is green, red, gold, silver... in a word, Christmasy.

So, Christmas it is. I dove in with a great deal of zeal. I may have overestimated how healthy I was... I definitely crashed at the end of Thursday and Friday. But our house has many sparkly, bright, Christmasy things around it.

Enjoy some glimpses of our house in its festive garb.

I wrapped all of our wall art in Christmas paper. Yes, all of it. 


 I made the pointsettia curtain a few years ago and it has become an annual staple.
This combination was my mama's idea. And I love it.
 This garland was super fun to make. Although I would advise against buying glittery snow flakes at the dollar store. I was concerned that there wouldn't be any glitter left on them by the time I was done with the assembly.
 My sister super-glued the ribbon bows to the thumbtacks because, as she said, she isn't in danger of gluing herself to anything. haha!
 The wrapping paper is literally everywhere...
 A holiday bouquet.

 Now we just need an actual Christmas candle to put in the middle
 Another bouqet of shiny sparklies.
 Look what we have here!
 And no, not even my brother's sword escaped a bit of festive cheer. :)

1 comment:

Steve said...

That's pretty fantastic. The wrapping paper is a cool idea!

If only we could teleport you here to decorate our castle...