21 May 2013

Post-Publication Caveat

I'd like to clarify a couple of things about last night's post.

First, it was not intended to offend or point fingers at others. It was only meant to be an honest expression of how confused and sorry I am. I did something wrong and I don't know how to forgive myself or how to not repeat it. My post was not a reflection on anyone but myself, although I do believe that our world would benefit from becoming a more unconditionally loving place.

Second, I know that I usually post more constructive things. A problem and a solution. A more philosophical approach to a problem. But for those of you who haven't been here for this whole blogging ride of mine, I started this blog to chronicle my efforts to become a good, strong, Catholic young woman. I am twenty-two years old and I make mistakes. Horrible mistakes sometimes. In last night's post, I was attempting to share a piece of my heart that indicates the trial and error and (sometimes) utter confusion of this process.

Third, the fact that some might have been offended by my post is an example of what I was trying express. This is me. I am sharing myself with you in an effort to help both myself and my readers. Do I really have to keep what's honestly on my heart and mind locked away where no one can see it? 

I don't have an answer to the problem of emotional blackmail. I am sorry if my honest and open sharing of that fact offends you. I am sorry if you found that post to be "to much information" or too personal. I hope you know that it was not intended to upset or offend. It was merely an honest confession.

No comments: