20 May 2014

Object of Admiration

This weekend was incredibly good for my self-esteem. I was evaluated and found worthy of admiration by two different gentlemen. Winning.

The first was an adorable little blondie, age five. This guy could not have been any cuter. I asked him if he remembered my name (we had met briefly the day before). He said no, I told it to him, and he thought for a moment. Then he said, "That's a verrrryyy pretty name. And you're a very beautiful and nice person."

My heart hasn't un-melted yet. The fact that he brought me a flower later in the evening didn't help the liquid state of my heart. Everyone say it with me: awwwwwwww.

The second was a middle aged man on the train. He stopped next to the empty seat beside mine, looked at me and said, "You're beautiful."

Then he stood there for about ten seconds, just looking at me.

"May I sit?" he finally asked. I nodded.

He sat and reached over me to plug his phone in the outlet. He had his eyes on his phone as he blindly fumbled with the plug. After he successfully got it attached, he simply dropped his hand. It landed in my lap. He left it there, completely absorbed by his screen.

He clearly wasn't 100% there, so I didn't make a fuss about it. I figured he'd move his hand eventually.

Not quite "awwww," but at least he thought I was beautiful. A bit of a win, in my opinion. :)

No comments: