13 October 2014

Lightening It Up

The past couple, few, several posts have been very serious, solemn, and emotionally charged. They make me seem so... I dunno... serious. I don't take myself that seriously. I spend 98% of my life laughing at myself and the stupid things I do or say. So this post is going to be a little-list-like update on what's been going on in my life, which isn't as solemn or well-thought out as recent blog posts might indicate.

So...

* Current TV crush? Well, I'm glad you asked. He is the man who established my irrevocable crush on & love of all British men. I met him as Horatio Hornblower, but now he's on my television weekly as Dr. Henry Morgan in "Forever." Ioan Gruffudd is a Welshman who has had my heart for 15 years now. Everybody, swoon with me.


* Agents of SHIELD is back on my television. Super fun, super good, super super duper awesome! Skye's bangs and Ward's beard have their own twitter pages now, so that's a thing. Tuesdays at 8, people! The must-see part of this season though has been the stellar performance of Iain DeCaestecker as Fitz. Every scene with him makes me cry. That actor delivers the emotional punch in every. single. scene.


* I know I'm on a television kick here, but there's just one more that I have to mention. That's it, I promise. What is this must-mention show? Gotham. I wasn't totally on board after the pilot episode, but BEN McKENZIE. Episode 2 was solid and in episode 3 they really hit their stride. And their stride? It's fantastic & awesome. It's a quirky show, pretty dark for an eight o'clock time slot, but incredibly comic-book like, so that makes it somehow more ok...? I think. Still dark, not good for small children, but a fun ride. I'm excited to see where they take it!


* My children will have to eat apples with the skin on. Or, I will have to only use really dull knives. I was babysitting on Saturday and the kids wanted apple slices with the skin peeled off. We don't have sharp knives at my house home, so when I used a knife there that sliced right through my own skin at the lightest pressure, I was a bit shocked. There was a bit of blood, but mostly shock & the realization that my future children will only eat apples with the skin on them or their mum will have some serious cumulative blood loss.

* Speaking of children, one of my besties is having a baby in April. I haven't stopped being giddy about that yet. I love it when my friends have babies and right now everybody is having babies, so I have so many reasons to be happy.

* Aaaaand on the topic of being happy, I had another excellent surprise yesterday when I got to see my wonderful, fantastic, awesome physical therapist from 10 years ago. It was so wonderful to see her and have the chance to catch up! Since I'm all old now (being an adult has its privileges), we can be friends! It is going to be great.

* Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" is the perfect song for chicken dancing. That is all.

* You know you're an adult when you happily eat nonfat yogurt for dessert. Weirdly, sadly true.

* I've been baking a lot of squash. A lot of squash. Who knew it could be so much fun? It really is that much fun. Baking it in chunks, roasting it with garlic, mashing it with brown sugar, baking it with oatmeal... the possibilities are seemingly endless! And perfectly delicious.

Happy Monday, guys.

No comments: