23 June 2008

Finally

It's 9:30 in the morning and it's still under 100 degrees!!! Yessss! Now that this miraculous occurrence has taken place, I'll actually write a post. :)

Friday afternoon, (when it was 95 degrees outside) my maternal grandparents made it here from their home five hundred miles to the north of us. They hadn't been here in three years, which made this occasion especially exciting.

We were apprehensive about the interaction between the dogs and them, but they were fine. After the dogs got their initial rambunctious "hello" over with, they were really models of good behavior. Sam attached himself in a particular way to Grandma. He followed her everywhere, laid at her feet, and generally made himself agreeable. All little kids have an especial liking for my grandmother, so Sam's affection is, I suppose, further proof that he is just like a little kid.

And, in true Italian fashion, we all ate way too much this weekend. Because of the heat, Mom didn't really want to cook. As a result, Friday we had pizza, Saturday we went out to a really nice restaurant to celebrate Mom and Dad's anniversary, and Sunday we went to a more casual family restaurant. I don't think I have to eat any substantial meals for a couple of days. Just little bits of protein so I don't pass out. Other than that, I don't think I'll be needing much food.

But they left this morning :( I hope it won't be another three years before they come down again...

No comments: