20 December 2008

Me Be Very Happy

I am home!!! and have gone slightly insane. Outbursts of maniacal giggling happened at random intervals last night in the car on the way back from the train station.

My first finals week was insane. I had my theology final on Monday which wasn't too bad, being open book. In all honesty, it was actually really enjoyable. This was probably because I could actually finish making a point without getting interrupted halfway through.

Tuesday, my section and our sister section had our lab final. This was one I freaked out about. I spent about 18 hours studying for it at the end of which I decided I was a pumpkin. Don't ask me why. I have absolutely no idea.

Wednesday I worked myself up into a frazzled knot about our one oral final, which was for seminar. But it wasn't anything to worry about. All it was was a twenty minute conversation with my tutor about what I thought. It was all my opinion. And again, no one to interrupt me besides the tutor.

I didn't have a final on Thursday, but I spent all day prepping for my philosophy final on Friday. Besides lab, it was the one that scared me most. Aristotle is amazingly wonderful and simple, but his wonderful simplicity is rather daunting to reiterate in your own words.

But after our final on Friday, people were happy. People were running around, skipping, hugging, and generally rejoicing that the semester was over. It had been a crazy week, which I thought would never end, but then it did.

One semester (four finals) down, seven semesters (thirty-eight finals) to go!

No comments: