22 May 2011

Wet Water

The beach is a beautiful place. There's smooth sand under your feet, warm sun on your face, a gentle, cool breeze blowing, and the rush of water nearby. And then it hits you. Quite literally.

There was a distance of about thirty feet between the edge of the gently lapping water and the 50 foot cliff face. Mum and I were standing in the middle of it, contentedly letting our feet sink into the sand. Suddenly (and I mean suddenly) this HUGE wave came racing toward us. I shrieked and turned around. The water splashed my back, but my front remained dry. It remained dry, that is, until the water hit the cliff and bounced back at us. Then I was all wet.

So was Mum. And Mum's purse. Mum's phone? Absolutely dead.

Gotta love being us - we have the strangest luck and it seems to be genetic ;)

No comments: