07 June 2012

New Fads

I'm not normally one for fads, but there are a few exceptions.

When I was about six or seven, the movie Titanic came out. And oh. my. goodness. I begged and pleaded my mother to let me go. I was swept up in a fan CRAZE. She took me and I was walking on air. There was a maternal hand carefully shielding my young eyes at intervals, but I didn't care. I gloried in the beauty of it all, particularly Rose's dresses. (I have always loved pretty clothes. I was just too tired to wear them junior and senior years...) When the song came out, I copied out every word of it in orange marker and memorized it with a classmate. We sang it every day during recess, lunch, and after school.

There have been other occasional obsessions, but most of them have not been the popular ones. I've got one now, though: Zumba. It's the most fun way to get your cardio EVER. I would always run, dislocating every joint in the process. Zumba is basically an adaptation of Latin dancing by yourself, or, in my case, a retarded white person imitation of Latin dancing. So. Much. Fun. And everything stays in joint. I get exercise sans injury. Win!

And all the celebs are doing it. It's popular.

Next thing you know I'll be wearing stilettos and doing dietary "cleanses."

Kidding, Mum, kidding.

No comments: