23 June 2012

There and Back Again

I've been gone a while, but I have a good excuse. We had a house guest for a week, then I left for a week. That didn't leave much time or opportunity to blog about the random happenings of my life.

The trip was amazing. I headed up to a dear friend's wedding. There were a whole bunch of girls in the bride's family's home. We arranged flowers, prepared food, decorated the hall, and attempted to throw a bachelorette party for the bride. I say attempted because the bride wasn't really there for any of it. While we all painted our nails and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," she was upstairs, working on place cards.

The day of the wedding was beautiful. We got up early and moved efficiently, thanks to our shower schedule. The bride and bridesmaids all looked beautiful. We took pictures before the ceremony in a park that was down the street from the church. Mass was beautiful, the reception was fun, the food was fabulous, and the bride and groom looked as happy as can be.

On Sunday, I headed up toward school to spend a day with a dear friend. One day turned into five, which was a great decision. I had a marvelous time. She's getting married in December and asked me to be a bridesmaid, so we spent some time doing bridal things. We picked up her dress, went shoe shopping, and generally had a grand time.

I'm happy to be home, though. I would be happier without the cold, but such is life. :)

No comments: