05 January 2014

New Year, New Post

Day five of the new year. It's sunny and bright. It is cold for here, though. I wore boots and tights to Mass this morning. I'm still wearing the tights, but now they're covered by sweat pants. The dress has been exchanged for a big hoodie. I've had one cup of coffee. I don't need another cup. I may have one anyway.

The Chargers are playing their first playoff game. I wonder if it will be their last.

It's a new year. A new year. What am I going to do about it?

Breathe.

I'm going to breathe. I'm going to breathe first, and talk second. I'm going to breathe before I act. I'm going to make myself slow down.

Let go.

I'm going to let go of the worry. The stress. The panic. The fretting about what other people think. I'm going to do my job at work, nothing more, nothing less. I'm going to let go of the desire to be perfect - I can't - and now won't - be everyone's perfect girl. 

Jump in.

Pick up both feet off the ground and jump. Don't be scared. Not of myself. Not of other people. I will find that courage that I have somewhere inside.

Lean.

On God. I need to lean on Him. I need to talk to Him more. I need to thank Him more. I need to let Him keep me company. I need to let Him in.  I need to let Him help me... not that He doesn't already, because He does, but I need to see when and how He is helping me and be grateful for it. I need to accept that it's happening, moment to moment.

Happy Sunday, lovelies.

No comments: