02 November 2014

Most Cordial Greetings

Hello, sweet and sour readers. Happy Sunday to you all. This was week with more downs than ups, but that's ok. Well, actually, I'm pretty sure you can't have more downs than ups, but the downs lasted longer than the ups. So that's how it was.

Wednesday, I hosted the first young adult Bible study to occur in quite some time. I spent about six hours reading Romans and St. John Chrysostom's commentary on said letter. I baked delicious and fluffy cheddar cheese and garlic rolls, and excitedly hopped off to church.


Then no one came. So that happened.

It wasn't a waste of time, though. First, because Scripture study is never a waste of time, so it was good for me personally, I am sure. Second, because my sister came (late) and we had Bible-study-with-many-tangents discussion with our parish youth minister, who is a cool guy. We like him. The food didn't really get eaten, though. It may have become the family dinner on Halloween.

Speaking of Halloween, I decided that at twenty-four years old, I was old enough to carve my own darn pumpkin. I did one, which turned out to have a split personality.


We had another pumpkin around, too, and I couldn't help but carve it. Once I started, I found it really, really, really hard to stop. And that was my basic method for carving them. I just sorta started carving shapes and followed where the spirit-o-pumpkins led me. For example, this one started out as a winged demon, but I was scaring myself, so I decided to make it like Batman, but then it turned into Darth Vader with that nose. Consistency is not my priority here, obviously.


And yep, the Bones costume was recycled from last year. It's so perfect for me that I don't think I'll ever need a new costume. (See, Bones is performing a postmortem examination on a pumpkin. Cause of death was being severed from all nutrition. She determined this by disemboweling and repeatedly stabbing the corpse.)


In a glorious change-of-pace it rained not once, but twice in the last few days. Deo gratias. We need the rain so badly... keep it coming, Most High Weather Man! :)


Don't forget to smile this week, friends.

No comments: