14 November 2014

What Advent Will Look Like Here

In my last post, I invited you all to join me in reading and praying through Ann Voskamp's book -- "The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas"-- with me this Advent. I've read through it once and am looking forward to reading it again so soon, more slowly this time, so as to really let it sink into my head and heart.

While preparing for the coming of our Lord, this blog is going to feature posts of a slightly other than usual nature. Rather than writing a lot of funny things, a lot of serious things, or really much of anything, I'm going to pick one quote from each day's short reading from the book and feature it here. This will serve as a bit of quiet contemplation time for me and, I hope, a gentle reminder to you of what Advent is intended to do: a time to slow down and prepare to be with our newborn Savior.

So that's what's happening here starting November 30th... see you there. :)

No comments: