21 December 2010

Boy Crazy

Yesterday, I proved the fickleness and changeability of women.

At about eleven o'clock, I was helping my sister look over photos from a wedding she recently shot. She has been looking at them for months now, so they've all sort of become a blur (not literally, of course: they are all quite well-focused). All I mean by that is that when she looks at them she doesn't see them. She did quite a nice job with them though... the things I was picking out were minor and just little details that my critical eye spotted. Looking at a picture of one of the groom's brothers, grinning broadly, dancing with his new sister-in-law, I declared something which should have remained in my head. It was silly and nonsensical and oh-so impulsive:

"I want to marry him."

Fast-forward to about three o'clock in the afternoon. I was sitting in the van with Mum in the vet parking lot. Then I catch a look at an incredibly handsome, kind-faced young man, assisting the vet inside. Whoa. Mum, not realizing that I have already caught sight of the guy, points him out to me, noting how wonderfully kind he is. Apparently, he has been the assistant during the last couple of appointments that Mum has had. He is, in her words, "a really great guy." Forget the young man from earlier, this is the guy I now need to marry.

Or is it? The man I spent a whole two hours watching last night was amazing. He has dark hair, beautiful eyes, a charming accent, and an incredible love for his mother and sisters (heart melting to see in any guy...). The downside? He's fictional. WHY must Edmund be a character from a book that was recently put onto screen? I love him.

The End.

Maybe...

No comments: