29 July 2012

Emotionally Excellent

Something they say about the Olympics: they aren't about emotions, they're about excellence.

Yeah. Right.

Human beings are emotional. Excellently emotional.

At least... I am. HA!

A large part of the fun of watching the Olympics is the emotional attachment that you develop with complete strangers just because they're from your country.  National identity. 'MERICA!

When watching events, I scream. And I ain't no sissy screamer. High and loud. Our dog is going to go deaf.

The unfortunate reality of watching Olympics, is that you loooooove that Team USA, but there are too many of them. You have to pick favorites in each sport. And that is totally emotional. Ryan Lochte, for example. I fell in love with him watching him flip tires and then when he beat Phelps. But then, I developed more of a love for Phelps after the relay and I reminded myself of Lochte's green shoes and blingy grilles. Who knows tomorrow who I'll be in love with tomorrow? I don't know. Yay emotions.

Saddest story from today? Jordyn Wieber. Disqualified from the all-around women's gymnastics competition, not because she wasn't an excellent gymnast. She placed 4th overall, but 3rd of the Americans. And there can only be two. So devastatingly sad.

Like I said, emotions. Excellence is so emotional. Because we are emotional. Yay for being human.

Seriously.

No comments: