19 July 2012

The Eyes Have It

What that "it" is, I'll explain in a moment. Or, rather, show you in a moment. But first, I must warn you that this post is not for squeamish sissy wimps sensitive souls who cringe at the sight of don't like to see pictures of peoples' insides.

On numerous occasions, I have mentioned that I am not... erm... normal. My anatomy is sort of a anomaly. This fact first manifested itself when I was a baby through an extreme case of crossed eyes. For the most part, my eyes look normal from the outside now. That is, until you catch me when I'm tired or stressed and my right eye is pointing at some location up and away from where my left eye is looking.

Anyway, we were recently given photographic proof of my weirdness.

Below is Exhibit A: An image of the inside of Dad's nearly perfect eyeballs, prominently featuring an the optic nerves (those bright spots). Notice the symmetry.


Exhibit B: An image of my sister's not quite perfect, but close enough for government work, eyeballs. The optic nerves are slightly off from each other, but nothing too drastic.

                                         

Exhibit C: An image of my dramatically off-kilter, but still incredibly healthy, eyeballs. My optic nerves are apparently rather relaxed about being symmetrical. This explains many, many things.


This final image is the three of these images hung in a row: mine, Dad's, and my sister's.


And yes, they're on the fridge. We have eclectic decorating tastes. :)

No comments: