05 February 2013

The Flu

How is it that every time I get sick, I get unbelievably, horribly sick? Oh, I know. It's because I'm stubborn.

This may not make sense to some of you, but it works like this.

I get sick. I feel horrible for a couple of days, but around day three or four, I start feeling better. I promptly get up and do everything like normal. By about dinner time, I crash, sicker than ever. I resolve to not do that the next day.

But I do this over and over again. I feel pretty good in the morning, run around like a crazy person (my usual m.o.) and then feel like I'm going to die.

It's like an internal tug-o-war. The smarter side of me sees the stupidity of expending my energy when I am not yet fully recovered. The other, less smart, really stubborn side of me, ignores the smarter side of me and expends energy willy-nilly.

Thus it is that I have had the flu for a week now. Yuck.

No comments: