19 February 2013

What is going on??

The theme of my life seems to be RANDOM. So very random. It's approximately eleven o'clock and this is what I've done so far:

Read an undergraduate thesis draft on my phone without even getting out of bed... or putting on my glasses. Ha!

Came downstairs to discover that my sister had somehow caused a knife to dematerialize after she dropped it. After a thorough investigation conducted while sliding across the floor on my stomach, I retrieved the knife from underneath the refrigerator with a yardstick. It somehow ended up in the very back corner. This surprised me even more since the floor under the fridge isn't terribly... clean. I'm surprised it got past all of the dog hair, cracker bits, and chocolate chips that were in between it and me.

Drank coffee and ate a bagel. I always manage to over-toast my bagels. This is what happens: I stand there watching it, waiting for it to get brown. It doesn't change color at all. I decide that I have a minute to go do something else. I leave a white bagel in the oven and by the time I come back (and it's always less than 30 seconds later), the bagel is dark, dark brown. It's sorta like the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. I have some sort of problem with broilers.

Finished reading and editing another undergraduate thesis. This one wasn't on my phone, it was actually printed and red penned profusely.

Discussed the level of Shawn Hatosy's education and what his probable reaction to the phrase "quieting concupiscence" would be. It's a toss-up between mystification and derision.

Downloaded last night's episode of Bones off of iTunes. I somehow lost track of the fact that it was Monday yesterday and missed it while blithely watching episodes of Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix. Time well spent, no? ;)

Happy Tuesday! I hope your day has fewer rheumatologists in it than mine :)

No comments: