12 February 2013

Thoughts on Marriage (a lighthearted post)

A few of our confirmation kids' responses to "What do you want in a spouse?"

"Wants to have kids."

"Will be faithful."

"Appreciates humor."

"You better be funny." (Yes, this kid wrote in imperatives.)

"Shorter than me." (I believe this one was written by a guy. I hope.)

"Smells good."

"Catholic" (Surprisingly, we only got two of these in the stack of 100 cards we got back.)

"Attractive."

"Attracted." (??)

"Someone who can listen to my problems."

"Don't even think about cheating on me." (Imperative boy again. Ha!)

"Loving."

"Understanding and patient."

"Honest."

"Is intelligent."

"Flexible with her time."

"You better be able to cook."

"Understand sports." (HA!)

"Accent, preferably Spanish."

"Not a vegetarian/vegan."

"Need to have soul." (the girls didn't understand this one)

"Strong." (a trait more than one girl wanted in her spouse, but all of the guys thought was unreasonable)

"VERY attractive."

"Determined and ambitious."

"Dark hair."

"Great set of hair."

"Someone who shuts the bathroom door." (I think this one is my favorite...)

"Appreciates Jesus."

"Able to clean."

"Not obese."

"Silly."

"Nice eyes."

"Caring or sweet (does, like, cute little things)" (Awwww, how cute)

"Optimistic."

We had the guys mark the girl's cards as either reasonable or unreasonable, and had the girls do the same to the guys cards. It was a great way to facilitate discussion and start some thought on the subject.

It also made class very lighthearted and fun. :)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea!

bridget said...

Thanks, James! :)

Clare said...

I like the comment about the great SET of hair. I don't think I've ever heard that phrase. I'll have to compliment my brother on his next time I see him.