12 June 2013

Apple Is Wonderful

Ok, I'm probably going to jinx myself and my software forever by posting this before I install it, but here goes anyway. I'm Catholic. I'm not superstitious. *finds wood to knock on*

I'm back. And for those of you who are wondering, I did just knock on real wood. Where was I? Oh, yeah. Apple.

So I bought a new computer ($$$) for my birthday and bought new MS Office software to go with it (so I can write my book about my life. it'll be hilarious, y'all). When I finally opened and tried to install my software, I discovered that Microsoft is a group of lying, deceiving... er.... I don't know how young my youngest reader is so I'm gonna go with BAD GUYS. My 25 character keycode was misprinted so the first character was cut off. That's right. No 25th character. No software install possible.

I called Apple this morning and told them of my dilemma. The first young man I spoke with told me that I needed to talk to Microsoft directly. (BAD DAVE. I don't like you!)

I spent over an hour on the phone with those... bad guys... during which I was put on hold, not once, not twice, but SIX TIMES. When they transferred my call to the refund department, it dropped the call. Thankfully the bad man was kind enough to give me the number before he transferred me to the other department "just in case" something happened to the call. THAT DUDE DISCONNECTED ME ON PURPOSE. I called the other department, waited on hold for 15 minutes, and then was told that I had to mail the defective product plus a letter with detailed contact info so they could send me a check in 6 weeks to refund me. Six weeks MINIMUM.

This was all just ridiculous. My mother thought so, too, so she called Apple and gave them a piece of her mind. We bought the software from the online Apple store, shouldn't we be able to just exchange it there??? And yes, yes, we could. The people at the customer service center didn't think so, but the WONDERFUL people at the actual physical store location were scared of my mama took pity on me and let me bring it in and let me exchange the defective piece of... not-goodness... for a hopefully functioning piece of goodness. THANK YOU, APPLE.

Y'all... wish me luck as I go try to install this thing. Praying for no explosions and hoping for a successful install (so I can finally write a hilarious book about my hilarious life!... y'all would buy that, right?).

No comments: