09 June 2013

Let's Pretend That Wasn't A Bad Word | Book Review

So I just finished a HILARIOUS BOOK. It's called "Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)" by Jenny Lawson.

It was awesome. I spent days literally laughing out loud. I don't do that over many things, but this book was awesome. It was so, so, so, so, soooooo funny. Seriously. I haven't laughed that hard over anything in my life (ok, that probably isn't true. i just don't remember laughing that hard about anything. but my memory isn't perfect).

Buuuuuut... I can't recommend it to the majority of you because it has a lot of bad words. And anatomical words that should be saved for OB/GYN visits or anatomy classes. That doesn't mean I didn't think it was funny. Because it was. I just don't know if you all - non-rebellious, way-more-sheltered-than-me, good kids - would find it funny. I think you all might get stuck on the bad words and miss out on the over-the-top, hysterical, bizarre and FUNNY STORIES contained in this book.

Omigoodness, it's perfection.

On the chance that I've misjudged you - something I've been known to do - it's a book that I would heartily recommend if you want a good laugh. I know I said this several times already, but this book is awesome. This woman is awesome. Her book is AWESOME.

No comments: