19 August 2008

Last Things

In 48 hours, I will be on my college campus. I will be spending my first night in my first dorm room with my first roommate (besides my sister, of course). I will have said goodbye to my parents and brother and will not see them until Halloween.

I'm mostly packed, but there are still a few important odds and ends to collect from their nooks and crannies where they have been residing for years. I have a fairly reasonably-sized pile of things in the living room. It's organized and I have written down where everything is, for easy access later. I'll be taking the back bench out of the van tomorrow, so the stuff will fit easily and nicely in for the trip up.

And I have begun to make a small dent in the list of people that I have to say goodbye too. No, actually, it's a fairly sizable chunk, but that doesn't make the remaining ones any easier. One of the hardest goodbyes, in all honesty (and this is going to sound terrible) is my doggies. Despite their silliness, I really do love them both. I'll miss Sam's snuggles in the morning and Wanda's snoring while she begs for food. I have said goodbye to my sister's schoolmates, who have really been my primary social circle during the last year. My Godsister was also at that party, along with her husband and very little baby boy. I have not yet said goodbye to the homeschool circle, but I hope to manage to tomorrow. I said my goodbyes to the work crowd last Friday and the choir on Sunday.

But I'll be back home before I know it I suppose. Thanksgiving is only a few months away and shortly after that is Christmas. Then there is the Easter holiday and then it shall be summer again. I'm not dying or anything :D

1 comment:

Therese said...

Hello, Miss Freshman!

I hope college is treating you well. I sure do miss you!

Love, hugs and prayers,
Shelle Belle