06 June 2009

Because I can, not because I should

Book Meme
1. What author do you own the most books by?
J.R.R. Tolkein, I think, but my shelves are pretty diverse

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
The Bible... I've got a whole two copies! :D

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
haha, yes!

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I have to pick one? Impossible!

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
Probably either LOTR or the Anne of Green Gables series, maybe Pride and Prejudice

6. Favorite book as a ten year old?
I didn't really have favorites... I just liked reading generally.

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Worst or most boring? Herodatus wins the most boring count, but I really, really disliked Plato's Republic (don't shoot me!)

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Best objectively or most enjoyed? Objectively, the Bible. Subjectively, probably Jane Austen's Persuasion

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
I'd like to see good adaptations of all of the Anne books

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
The Grapes of Wrath... I couldn't finish it

12. What is your favorite book?
LOTR trilogy, followed closely by the Narnia series

13. Play?
The Jeweller's Shop... the only one I think I've ever seen. Most stage productions I have seen were musicals.

14. Poem?
The Star Spangled Banner. 'Twas really a poem before it was a song, I promise.

15. Essay?
Drawing a blank.

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
I'm going to have to go with my sister on this. Interesting enough story, not enough story development, too long, poorly written, lots and lots of hype

17. What is your desert island book?
Emma or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
The Aeneid (for school), War and Peace (for an experiment of sorts), and I want to pick up Persuasion again, but I keep forgetting to every time I walk past the book shelf

No comments: