23 June 2010

A World Full of Surprises

I am in a very whiny mood. Even if I was physically capable of smiling, I don't want to. I am fed up of sitting here on this couch all of the time. Mum is taking pity on me and taking me out later and I just stood in a spot of shade in the backyard for a half an hour. It could be worse. I could have taken some people's advice and gotten both done at the same time which would have meant six weeks of no moving at all. There would have been no showers, no standing, no outings, no nothing. I am so glad I listened to my better judgment (not to mention my mother and the doctor). That would have been a stupid thing to do.

But I did have two nice surprises today. The first was that team USA won their soccer game this morning. It was a tense 90 minutes, with no scoring (except a disallowed goal, but that was bologna, because he was totally not off-side). Then in the four minutes of extra play, we scored! It was either minute 91 or 92, I'm not sure... I was too busy screaming. So we're going to the next round!

The other surprise is that I should be able to begin walking again next Tuesday. I have been anticipating it being on Thursday this whole time (all of my appointments have been on Thursday), but I found out today that it is two days earlier! Yippee!!! The silly scheduler tried to rebook it for July 13th, but Mum put her foot down. That would be another two weeks and I am NOT doing that. Nope. No way. Not happening. It's on TUESDAY!!!!!!

No comments: