16 August 2010

LADIES ONLY!!!

I am absolutely serious. This story will shock and appall any male readers. So stop reading right now, if you value your peace of mind.

I was in physical therapy today and one of the other patients was stretching. The aide asked her to scoot down on the table a little bit. Then the aide starts talking:

"This reminds me of gyno (her slang for gynecology) appointments. You know when you have your feet in the stirrups and the guy asks you to slide closer. I always think it would be funny to beep, y'know, like a truck when it's backing up. It would break the ice. Because, as you know, it's rather personal and awkward. It would make everyone laugh."

My therapist disagreed: "If my doctor started beeping at me, I'd get up and leave."

I was just giggling at the whole thing. I could see the humor in it... but depending on my comfort level with the doctor, it could be rather strange. :)

Beep, beep, beep

No comments: