19 August 2010

Novel Logic

In response to a good friend bemoaning the absence of her siblings, I gloated that her loss was my win. She is going to miss her siblings and I get to enjoy their company. :) A young man weighed in on the discussion. He is in the same predicament as the young lady: his brother will also be attending school with me. He complained that I should bring my "winningness" elsewhere, but when I did, he still wasn't satisfied. Here's the actual text of the exchange, provided for your amusement.

Me: I WIN!!! (happy now?)
Alex: No.
Me: I tried. You are simply ungrateful ;)
Alex: No, you're ungrateful because you don't appreciate having my brother within a 5 mile radius of you
Me: Wait, what? That's why I win! If I didn't appreciate it, how could I win?
Alex: That's the point. You don't win
Me: I am so confused... I lose because I'm happy to see your brother?
Alex: No, I would be more happy to see him so therefore your comment about how I'm ungrateful is foolish and untrue therefore making you an ignoramous
Me: Ohhh, I see. I won't pretend to outdo brother love. This way we both lose

Interesting logic there. I lose by inferior affection, I guess :)

In response to this exchange, I posted a new status

Me: I lose. The End.
Alex: The END

and his status

Alex: All I do is win
Me: yes, sir =D
Alex: I think she's finally getting the concept

Ohhh, that boy. So much like his older brother...

No comments: