07 July 2008

Maniacally Sewing

After months of plotting, planning, and coupon clipping, I have managed to buy the materials to make myself a formal dress for TAC! The fabric is gorgeous... just running my fingers along it sends a thrill up my spine. The main part of the dress (i.e. the bodice and skirt) is a rich, dark green crepe which is very simply, but elegantly, cut. The sleeves of cream lace are bell-shaped and long, but the final length of them is something which I am still deliberating.

It is a very formal, very chic, and very modest dress :) The best part is that it only cost me $25! I'm not quite done with it yet. I need to hem both the lining and the outer dress, install a zipper, and, as I mentioned before, decide how to finish the sleeves. But I am super excited and super happy with how it has been turning out! I can't wait to wear it!

No comments: