11 July 2008

Miscellaneous

This post is going to be a conglomeration of stuff. Bear with me, please.

This afternoon I go in for my third day of work. The elusive HR department never officially contacted me, but my supervisor did. He told me to come in anyway, because HR had told him that my paperwork had gone through. So far, the job isn't terribly exciting or wonderful, but it is a job. It's what I need to be doing now. And I'm just thankful I have one at all...it was looking pretty dicey for a while there. :)

I have had an abrupt redirection of my attitude towards CAP stuff. I am no longer allowed to do things for my brother. I'm allowed to help him, but not to do things for him. Apparently, there is a difference. He's learning how to iron....hehe. It's quite an adventure. He's learning, but he is a boy. There are certain limits on their domestic abilities.

And I picked up this quote today from a great source for this kind of thing: "Dating is about seeing if someone is a good match, not about beating someone into being a good match." ~ Dr. Laura

And I only have approximately 41 days until move-in day!!! And I say approximately, because I've been naughty and lost track. But I think it's 41 days :D

But where I would rather be right now is Springfield, Illinois. I hope M&M have a wonderful wedding tomorrow!!! And I wish I could be there!!!

No comments: