29 July 2008

Options

So many things I could tell you all about, and so little time. It would take me a very long time to share everything about all of the events of the past few days, so here's a very, very, very edited down version.

Thursday: took the day off of work and went to see Phantom of the Opera live at the Civil Theater. It was amazing! I can't believe it! It was like watching a movie. So much so, that I kept having to remind myself that those people were doing those things in front of me at that moment. They were connecting with the story and the songs for that particular audience's benefit. It was really incredible! An added bonus was that I got to get all dressed up :)

Friday: didn't take the day off work, but it was a good day. Not very busy and I had a good section and a good partner in said section. I was done at quarter to eight (like we're supposed to be) and off to the land of pelicans to go to a swing dance. Where, to my surprise, I met a former TAC student who taught me how to lindy hop (a very enthusiastic swing step). Good, good times. He was really an impressive dancer. We also did some merangue (however you spell that), salsa, polkaing (that was an adventure, to say the least), and waltzing. Oh, and we did the Virginia Reel. But not in a slow, dignified way. We did it to a very fast Irish reel, so we ran around like mad people. I spent the night with my sister and my "sister," with whom I stayed up much too late and giggled something scandalous.

Saturday: My "sister" was going to get up at 7:30, because she was being picked up along with my brother to go to a CAP event at 8:15. Her alarm goes off three times starting at 7:00 and ending at 7:40 everyday... well, Monday through Friday. So, at 8:13, we woke up. And freaked out. But we had her pressed, dressed, combed, and eating by 8:25.

Sunday: a day of rest. I had to work, but Sundays are pretty low-key, so it wasn't bad.

Monday: we spent the day with some very good friends that we have known for years. It really was an awesome day. We ate pizza and donuts, played cranium and ultimate, and just had lots and lots of fun.

And now I have to wrap this up because I am heading out to the beach. It is the CAP squadron's fifth Tuesday event. So off I go!

No comments: