23 June 2011

Continued Conversation

Tuesday
8 year old: "Bridget, why aren't you married? Aren't you old? Shouldn't you be having babies by now? Shouldn't you find a boyfriend?"
me, laughing, "No, I'm in no hurry."

Tonight
8 year old: "Did you find a boyfriend yet?"
me, slightly surprised, but bemused, "Nope, not yet."
8 year old: "Why not?"
me, "Well, none of the boys are mature enough yet to get married."
8 year old, wrinkling her nose, cocking her head to the side, and placing her hands on her hips: "But you don't need to marry them, you just need a boyfriend so you can have fun. I mean, you can't have fun unless you have a boyfriend."

Then I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. I think she was pretty confused by my laughter, but I couldn't help it. I guess I'm doomed to a boring existence for a bit... :)

No comments: