07 June 2011

The practical liberal arts education

Many, many, many people assert that, although TAC offers an excellent classical education, it does nothing for the practical skills of its students. Now, there are many good responses to this claim, which approach it from a very serious, logical, satisfactory angle. My angle is a little less serious. Tongue-in-cheek, even.

Using geometry (from freshman math), patience (from the seminar method in general), and creativity (from living on a campus in the middle of nowhere), I constructed a soccer ball with my sewing machine. HA! You can't possibly claim that TAC doesn't give you practical skills.

Every thing is known by its fruit. The fruit of my TAC education? A fabric soccer ball. :)

Like I said, tongue-in-cheek. But funny. :P

No comments: