19 June 2011

Philosopher Jokes

It wasn't a joke, strictly speaking. I just found it hysterical. Unfortunately, it was a moment where I realized that philosophy has been ground into me a bit more than it has into others. Things that are forever written on my soul because of the massive amounts of studying I did, don't come to mind as immediately as they do to a TACer.

This was our conversation:

me "Every soul has all of the faculties of the lower types of soul as well."
N, "Yeah, so there are three types: vegetative, rational, and... uh..."
me "Animal. Basically, sentient beings without rationality."
N, "Right, like a dog. Or maybe not. Wait. Would that be...?"

cue me laughing hysterically

N's brother S came over and inquired about what was so funny. I couldn't answer, but only started squeaking. "He... heeee.... he he he... !!"

It was just so funny to me. N, A, and K didn't see quite why this was so funny, but S did (once I had the composure and air to explain it to him).

S, "A good joke for a philosopher's party."

No comments: