22 June 2011

Insubordination

I had to put the 8 year old in time out tonight... and the 3 year old in time out twice. I don't know if these children are just more of a handful than I'm used to or if I'm losing my touch as a babysitter.

They just throw me the dirtiest looks and keep on doing whatever it is they shouldn't be. Y'know that, "are you talking to me?" look with the wrinkled nose and a noise that corresponds to the dismissive face? yeah, that one. I don't allow cheeky and they have cheeky down like professionals. There are corresponding consequences for the misdemeanors... these, of course, make me the bad guy. Ah, well. Maybe they'll learn to stop screaming/painting on each other/screaming/stealing each others things/screaming/standing in the refrigerator/screaming. (Can you tell that they scream? All the time???)

No comments: