20 May 2008

MK's Visit

We have had the privilege of having a very old family friend in town from Oklahoma for the past couple of weeks. Technically speaking, I haven't seen her except for the past few days, but she has been local rather than halfway across the country.

Yesterday involved surprising my sister with MK's appearance. My sister's roommate helped plan the whole thing. JP has a strict visitor policy which involves paperwork. Generally this is done by the individual hosting the guest, but since we wanted to surprise the host, we were allowed to have the paperwork done by her roomie. Mrs. C was kind enough to drive MK and I over to my sister's apartment before she came home from class. When we spied the truck pulling into the garage, I hid in the closet (to keep her from getting suspicious) and MK hid behind the bedroom door. She placed her purse on the desk as a means of diverting attention.When Andrea walked in, she tiptoed up behind her and placed her hands over Andrea's eyes and said, "guess who?" Surprisingly, Andrea guessed on the first try! The general happenings of hugging and exclaiming and wondering followed.

After MK spent the night at the apartments, we picked her up after she had sat through half of one of Andrea's classes. We then took her over to a fish taco place where another friend met us and we enjoyed a nice lunch together. MK and 3/5 of my family went over to the Museum of Art downtown and we enjoyed the Renaissance/Baroque era art work which was mostly religious in nature. This was more enjoyable than the Museum of Man which I found to be a bit disturbing. Rather strange.

We just dropped her off at her aunt and uncle's house. Tomorrow she starts on her way to the launch pad of the "Crossroads" which is a pro-life event in which young adults walk across the country. We've enjoyed having her...I don't know exactly when I will see her again. But, I am sure that there will be ETMF going on the next time I do. :-)

No comments: