21 May 2008

The Terrors of Anticipation

I have a job interview tomorrow. It's actually the second one I've had. And it's the second one at the same place. If tomorrow goes as well as last Monday (not the nineteenth . . . the Monday before) I should have a job. If it doesn't go well . . . I don't really want to go there.

I'm nervous and terrified and happy and excited. There is one thought that has given me consolation, though: I'm in good company. No matter how terrible or boring or horrendous or (imagine this) fantastic this job is, all the other TACers will be out there, too. I know that summer jobs are a common thing, but that doesn't make me feel much better. But the thought that my schoolmates are all in the same boat with me is of great comfort. I hope August comes quickly!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gosh it took a long time for them to call you, huh? Hoping everything goes well for you tomorrow! And don't be afraid - jobs and interviews don't have to be scary things! I really don't think they'd be asking you back unless they want to hire you. They might just wait another month before they tell you :)

Andi said...

May God be with you at your interview today!!! :)