08 August 2012

Day Three

Yet again, a wonderfully creative title. This is what work does to my brain. Zaps the creativity right out of me and replaces it with useless mush. My dreams have evolved into accounting program problems and angry customers on the phone. All day and all night... my life has literally turned into a receptionist/accounting clerk existence. My world revolves around it. At least for now. People assure me that once I get more used to the job, I'll relax more. Maybe even stop dreaming about it. We'll see. I'm not ordinary chopped liver.

And no, I don't know where that last sentence came from.

You may or may not have noticed that Day Two is missing. That, ladies and gentleman, is because I fell asleep at eight o'clock last night. Yup. It wasn't even completely dark outside. I was sooooo tired. I barely zombied my way through putting together lunch before I crashed. Tonight is a (more or less) different story. I am pretty awake. I worked out (yay Zumba!), ate dinner, and actually had the energy to sit in front of my computer for a little while longer. (blog posts don't write themselves) Today just went better. I was busy, a bit overwhelmed at times, but I got through it. I plugged away at stuff, this time fairly confident that I was doing it right. I think I only inadvertently misdirected half a dozen calls instead of... well... possibly all of them. Like what may or may not have happened on Monday.

But I think a very large contributor to my happiness was the fact that I got through "hump day." Since Wednesday is positioned in the middle of the week, it's like getting up to and over the top of a hill. Tomorrow is Thursday, which means the day after that is Friday. And then it's the weekend. Weekends are so much more exciting when you work all week. Then, of course, it will be Monday again, but we won't mention that yet. :)


No comments: