19 August 2012

The Ties That Bind

Four years in one place. Many, many friends. Good times. Not so good times. Daily Mass, daily class, daily arguments, daily hugs, daily life with four hundred people. Every day, day in and day out, same people, same routine. I loved it. There were moments I hated it too, but I always loved it.

How much I loved it really hit me this weekend, when my social networks were filled with updates of my friends going back to school. Without me. They'll matriculate and go to class while I go back to work. Work is work. Not bad, not good... a job that gives me money. My old schoolmates will all think and learn and I won't be thinking. I will be "learning"... not to know, but to be able to repeat tasks a multitude of times correctly. No causes, no truth.

It all feels so... empty.

My mother assures me that this is a phase. A transition period. Something that will pass. I hope she's right (she usually is right). That doesn't mean I like it, though. I distinctly dislike it.

(and I know I'm whining. but sometimes, you just really need to whine. especially about the important stuff. and how it's over. forever. please let new important stuff arrive in my life soon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just keep thinking about how you won't be poisoned on a regular basis, and it should help! ;-)