15 August 2012

He Speaks!

The Awkward Man is evolving. First, he didn't bring a book to work today. Second, he spoke to me. Unsolicited. TWICE. He is becoming the un-awkward man. Or at least, less awkward than he was at first. No more running away! Yay!

The two occasions, while unsolicited, were rather unusual. The first happened upon the installation of the sun in my office. I could tan by the light of this bulb. After my dark, creepy atmosphere, the new aura that surrounds me is quite startling. Most people visibly started when they walked in. He just sort of looked around and asked if that light was always on. I explained about the invasion of the electricians earlier in the afternoon and he laughed at my new glow. He said it was fascinating. So yes, a new light bulb prompted our conversation.

Our second conversation was prompted by me kneeling on the floor. It's attention grabbing, I guess. They can't see me behind the desk so they look around and then find me on the floor. Well, most people realize I'm kneeling on the floor. He thought I had intentionally lowered my chair so that my chin didn't come up much past the desk. I explained, he sympathized, we discussed the weather, and he left. So yes, unusual work habits prompted our second conversation.

But he speaks. Voluntarily. Huh. 


No comments: