15 March 2008

Home Alone

I'm sitting at home. All alone. Well, not quite. Sam and Wanda are here, but they're being so quiet at the moment,I might as well be alone.

So I decided to take some pictures. I know I promised pictures of my dress and Mum's skirt when they were done, so I thought I'd make good on that promise. Taking pictures of oneself is harder than it looks! I spent a good twenty minutes trying to get a picture that was focused and had the right exposure. To compound my problem, was that I was trying to get a picture that was at least semi-flattering. I'll let you decide if I succeeded.

And, while I was running back and forth, I had a dog chasing me and barking at me. Sam is a herding dog and if any one of "his people" doesn't stay still, he feels obligated to follow that person around. The faster that person is moving, the more excited he gets.

Then there's my spliced toe. I ran the front door over it yesterday and put a large, disgusting-looking gash in it. (I debated putting the Really Gross Picture on here, but I decided to save you all that misery.) It rather complicated the picture taking process -- instead of being able to run over to where the camera was focused, I had to hobble and avoid Sam's nasty little trick of wrapping his paw around your lower leg as you're walking, causing you to do a glorious faceplant.

But a promise is a promise, no matter how small. So here's your picture. I'll take one of Mum's skirt when after I regain a parcel of my sanity.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I really like that dress.