29 March 2008

Hurdling

I've always had a feeling that track and field would not be my specialty. That's why I have never gone out for it. But life, it seems, is making me run hurdles, nonetheless.

Before I head off to TAC, I have to find myself a job. I've worked for the past couple of years in various capacities -- none of which paid me any money. So, the adventure begins. I have to find myself a job. And for some reason, this is freaking me out. I'm not afraid to work. But finding work is a rather daunting task. There's a huge "unknown" factor involved. You don't know who is going to hire you. You don't know when you get to start. You don't know anything except that you are going to give it your best effort.

But I got over my first hurdle today. I have a nice, neat resume and cover letter finished. Yay! Now I just need to adapt it slightly to suit the three places I'm applying that require a resume and cover letter. If I don't get hired by any of them, then I hoof it through the town.

So, again, I'm going to ask you to pray for me. Pray that I find the job God wants me to have and also that I am able to keep a calm and level head through all of this. Please&ThankYou

No comments: