12 March 2008

Twiddling My Thumbs

My voice lesson got canceled tonight due to somebody overbooking in the church, so I'm left with a little time to myself.

Even with the cancellation the calendar is pretty full tonight: Mum, Dad, and either myself or my lil bro will be taking our lovely doggies to go meet the lady they will be staying with while we're gone over Easter. Apparently this is a necessary precaution. We have to make sure the dogs like the lady, yes, but more importantly we have to make sure she can deal with them. They can be quite a handful. "Handful" may even be an understatement. With us at home, they can be a little hyper by turns, but it isn't anything totally ridiculous. But they both get very, very excited about new people. Jumping is something they do in profusion and our golden retriever licks everything she can reach...and tries for things she can't.

Then, when we come home (if everyone survives the venture), Mum has to pack for her trip. She's leaving tomorrow morning on an airplane for her aunt's funeral. She, however, unlike the man in the song, knows when she'll be back again. I get to try to fill a small fraction of her ginormous shoes until Saturday afternoon. My role isn't anything that exceptional -- just feeding the dogs and not leaving doors open when we leave the house...y'know. But absent minded me might have a hard time keeping up with it. sigh

It's also trash night...and the dishes have to get done....the dogs have to be kept in line...I need to practice my singing...and then maybe, just maybe, we will have some time to sit around and talk. Maybe.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yeah, the yells/yelping was pretty funny...I was doubled over in laughter, even though I was laying down. :p

And I am pleased to relieve you: your distinguished sister did not hide in a box. It was Tasha and I. :D Although some people would be shocked that I would do such a thing too...