28 April 2008

Movie Mania

Over the past two days...maybe three, I can't remember exactly...I have been privileged enough to have seen two VERY good, distinct, and thought-provoking movies.

The first one was "The Star of Bethlehem." Its existence was brought to my attention a number of months ago when Steve McEveety appeared on "Life on the Rock", a program which airs Thursdays on EWTN. He was there promoting various things, one of which was this movie. He was the executive producer of the project and was (or, at least, pretended to be) very enthusiastic about it. It fell into my hands, as it were, because a family friend who I was babysitting for offered to lend it to us. (btw, it has been the past two days. we got the movie on Sat., 'cause that is when I was babysitting and we watched it the next day) We, as a family watched it, and it absolutely blew me away. Of course, maybe some of the theories are slightly far fetched, but overall it gave me goosebumps. It was AMAZING. You all need to see it!

The second one, "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed", was equally though provoking but in a very different way. The first movie was questioning between degrees of faith. This one was between faith or none at all. Intelligent Design of the universe was the specific issue. Ben Stein hosted and he did a very good and thorough job of it. I would recommend it to everyone. Well, maybe not everyone. The attitudes of some of the evolutionist professors were quite chilling and could be disturbing to younger people. Some of the images used to illustrate points were also beyond what you would want younger audiences to be viewing. But EVERYONE else needs to see this. Amazing stuff.

Go see them. NOW!

No comments: