06 April 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y

The other day, I was bemoaning the fact that I miss my sister when she's off at college. Unbeknownst (sp?) to me, a plan that allowed me several hours with her was in the works.

Scott had a CAP staff meeting. He is now officially on staff as Aerospace NCO. He had to go to a meeting, and it just so happens that the meeting was at the apartment complex where my sister lives. So, after leaving Scott to find his fellow cadets, the rest of our family went out to have a hamburger. It was nice. We talked about widely varying topics and ate In-N-Out food which was awesome.

We then went to Ross. Mom is always convinced that Andrea needs more clothes, so whenever we go out shopping, she usually gets Andrea something. Well, this time Andrea actually got to pick the item of clothing. As it was nearing seven o'clock (when the meeting was supposed to end) we headed back to the complex.

Then we overheard Joe ordering pizza. Great, so they hadn't even started eating dinner yet. What to do with the extra time? Mum and Dad decided to go for a walk and have a cup of coffee. My feet were killing me. I didn't know we were going to be walking, and so I stupidly wore the shoes that had given me the blisters that still weren't healed up. I got a couple new, smarting blisters in addition to opening up the old ones. So, I sat on the floor of Andrea's apartment and listened to her and her roommate read each other their homework. It was actually pretty entertaining. Totally different subjects, but it kinda worked. We did some laughing and some talking, even though I entered that room determined not to distract them.

Eight thirty rolled around and brought with it Scott's release from the meeting. He was very happy with how it went...and the rest of us got a pretty relaxing evening out of it.

So now, I've got to run off to Church. And hopefully it won't be three days before I post again. I'm right in the middle of a book that I am finding rather difficult to put down, even for the your sakes. (or sake. there might only be one of you. who knows?)

No comments: