03 April 2008

A Slice of Humble Pie

Or maybe more than a slice. Applying for a job is like eating a gigantic, stale, disgusting humble pie. But, at least, humble pie is good for you.

Places I've applied? A few, but I am not too hopeful about them. Next week I hoof it through Poway, begging for employment. whoopee. The short list of places that I've applied to in the past three days:

Catholic Answers
Midland Animal Clinic (I already a "no" from them. But at least it was a very gracious "no".)
People-Trak (actually, I haven't applied there yet. I'm still waiting for them to email me the address where I can send my resume)
Autobody Excellence (yes, I applied to a auto repair shop. No, I won't be fixing cars. i'm not THAT insane)

So, if you would be so kind, please pray for me. I need to get a job. Any job. And, if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'll take anything. (except military enlistment. I couldn't handle that.)

4 comments:

Andi said...

Has Catholic Answers responded yet?

Lisa said...

I'll pray. And condole with you upon the difficulty of job hunting...

bridget said...

No, Andrea, but I only sent in my resume on Mon. In all honesty, however, I don't think I'll get anything there

And thank you for the condolences, Lisa

Andi said...

Wow, you haven't blogged since April 3.